[python] Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Max Speed 67 on Delta Trike

  • From: dirk@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:03:45 +0200

Hi Bart,

I'm 87cm/187cm (inseam/height) and did a first attempt with 28" front wheels,
which wasn't really that successfull, because i could barely reach the front
pedals. Since you plan to use 26" on the front like Jürgen and others, i don't
see problems there.
My personal opinion is "the smaller the better on the front wheel". A big front
wheel means a larger front part and in turn a heaver one. This could result in
sluggish behaviour.
As for the back wheel, the size isn't really that important in my view. Pythons
with smaller wheels tend to have a rather "straight" frame, those with bigger
wheels are "V-shaped" to bring the driver closer to ground.

Bigger wheels also means larger wheelbase (to some extend), which results in a
bigger turning circle. But on the other hand, a long wheelbase could also mean
more stability during high speed travel. This might bring us back to the actual
thread topic ;-)

regards,
DirkS

Hello,

I've been looking at pythons on the internet for a few months now and starting
to make plans for a P3-inspired build this winter. Given my rather large
in-seam length (93cm / total body height 1.93m), I;m considdering 28" wheels.
From avaiable parts I would favour 28" in the back and 26" in the front. But
I'm worried that such geometry will obset the bike's behaviour. Can anybody
give me some recommendations?

Thanks!  Bart