[python] Re: Steering Damper

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:40:38 -0500

Why not use a damper from a screen door?  They're made of Al with a steel
rod, some are very small, they're less than $20 and the lentgh is rather
immaterial, I think, when the damper can simply be run parallel to the frame
under the seat.  The ones on my door operate the same way as a steering
damper.  Open slowly and very little drag occurs, but try it fast, and they
slow things down.  Plus, their dampening rate is adjustable.  ?

> Thanks for that, Kevin.
>
> They're certainly a lot cheaper than original spec ones, but quite long at
40cm.
> I've just found a smaller Cagiva Mito one on eBay for 20E.
>
> It'll go in the box with all the other possible parts until I get around
to building the thing for real, not just in