[python] Re: locking the pivot

  • From: Florent Balestrieri <florent.balestrieri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:35:17 +0100

Thanks!
I think I will build one anyway, it's seems not too complicated for a starter (easier than other funky recumbents). And i'm looking forward riding it faster than my upright on long distances because of it's low aerodynamic position.
First step would be to find a workshop to borrow since i don't own one!!
Cheers,
-- Florent

Jürgen Mages a écrit :
Bonsoir Florent et bienvenue,

first let me say that the french translations of my site have been done by Thibault Ferron who was very generous. He even offered us an own python forum on his webspace instead of the mailinglist. But at that time we decided to stick with the list.

Second I agree with all the others: locking the pivot will lead to immediate disaster. Once Greg Kolodziejzyk from Canada (the 24 hours world record holder) proposed TWO pivots for the python. One with neg. trail for speeds up to 50 kph and another with positive trail for higher speeds. They can be locked alternately. This might work but seems far too complicated for me.

A friend of mine uses his python for 30 km daily commuting and he is very happy with it. In dense city traffic a lowracer can never be as agile as an upright bike. The riding is much more passive.

I am afraid, the python is not the best choice for your purposes.