[python] Re: News from Brazil

  • From: Robert Bunting <metalheads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:50:52 -0400

Eduardo,

Great looking bike! More pictures quick! How does it ride? We are all dying to see more. What angle is your steering tube at?

Happy Spring!
Rob

On Apr 13, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Eduardo L P Jr wrote:

Thanks by the "beautiful work" Jürgen...

The steering uses angular contact ball bearings. To be exact, I've used two
7201B bearings. These bearings are small (32 mm O.D. and 12 mm I.D.), but
very strong. In accord with the SKF application tables, 7201B is dimensioned
to work with a dynamic load of 551 kgf and a static load of 311 kgf. These
load values are radial loads, but the angular contact of the balls,
transfers about 80% of the axial loads to radial direction. Using two
bearings nose to nose, the couple will work with axial static loads of 498
kgf and axial dynamic loads of 882 kgf... The pivot is a simple hardened
steel bolt with a diameter of 12 mm.

I'm planning to install a short front fender, fixed between the seat and the
rear beam...

[]'s Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jürgen Mages" <jmages@xxxxxx> To: "Python Malinglist" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 4:35 PM Subject: [python] News from Brazil

Hello all,

today Eduardo sent me 4 pictures from his beautiful
work.
Unfortunately I could download only one, before my
modem connection broke down (each mail had several
Megabytes).

I could transform the one picture lossless from 1.4 MB
to 400 KB and uploaded it to the gallery:

http://www.python.tieflieger.net/pics/gallery/ Eduardos_Brazilian_Python.jpg

The steering joint looks wonderfully small. Are these taper roller bearings?

Front fenders are very recommendable. I even taped the whole front wheel,
because a lot of dust from the road is shovelled to the drivers face ...

Thank you Eduardo,

hope to hear from the riding experiences soon,

Jürgen.

---