[python] Re: News from Brazil

  • From: "Eduardo L P Jr" <edulpj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:50:24 -0300

The frame (front + rear with the bearings) of my Python has a weight of 5.0
kg... I don't put it on the scale assembled. I'll measure the weight and
will tell.

The bearings I've used in steering, are industry standard bearings. Here in
Brazil, there are bearing specialized stores. I think that you must have
this kind of stores in States. The standardization of the bearing codes are
international.

I have some homebuilt designs. Some front-wheel drive twist chain
recumbents, one folding mini recumbent and now the Python design. I always
use square tubing (1020 steel). My Python was built with two measures: 40x40
mm (1.5 mm wall thickness) and 20x30 mm (0.9 mm wall thickness). Chromoly
steel tubing (4130 steel) isn't so common here. We just have two or three
measures which we obtain in aircraft refuse material, but bicycles use
specific measures. That's why I don't use chromoly steel.

All the best

Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/