[python] Re: New Jetrike Rev B Plans

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:04:26 +1000

Rhisiart Gwilym wrote:
If - no, WHEN - Henry cracks the self-righting leaning trike, with a little help from other listees, the next step (one that interests me mightily in mighty rainy Britain) is the practical, everyday all-weather, ultra-lightweight, damage-recoverable fairing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have taken the last three days off, to work on my trike -- that plus the weekend will make five days straight, but it is an ambitious project and really pushing my abilities, so I may not get it done. I will post an update early next week. It is very exciting seeing it all come together, but also a bit nerve racking, I really hope it works!

Cutting out all the bits, machining them and welding it all together has actually rekindled my interest and respect for the simple, light weight and elegant design of the Python. It really is a major innovation in recumbent design. I have drafted a set of plans for a 20" python that I plan to post when I get a chance. It will be the next thing I build, but that may be some time from now, my family is a bit tired of their absent -- mad inventor -- dad :-\

I can now see why it Dirk took so long to build his, if you work full time, and have a family, and build recumbent bikes -- something has to give...

-h