[python] Re: New Jetrike Rev B Plans

  • From: "Garrett Williams" <garrettwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 07:08:11 -0700

With such a great design tool why not make a design that does not have the
pedaling alignment problem.  To further explain.  When riding down to road
and go into a turn the riders feet will not be in an optimum alignment with
the pedals and will not be able to apply full power during the turn.  I find
it as frustrating as riding a big wheel or a tricycle as a child.

I am currently working on a design that locks the seat with the front wheel
and the pivot is behind.  In this configuration full power will be possible
even in a sharp turn.

you can see what I mean with your design just by adding a mannequin and
putting the frame in a turn.

I do not mean to offend any one in the Python group I am just stating my
opinion  I have found the group and the work thus far to be helpful in my
own design.

On 1/7/07, Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After everyone's for your suggestions I had to do some major
modifications to my Jetrike plans.

The big changes include,

. Regular python drive train to fix the chainline problems,
. A Front derailleur post on the BB mount,
. Stiffer triangulated frame
. Stiffer seat mounts
. 3mm plate on the rocker arm end caps
. Improved tilt geometry

I have come up with a much better simulation, that allowed me to isolate
each parameter and test its effect on the self-centering independently.
This gave me a much better understanding of what influences it the most.
I plan to write a much more detailed email in a few days to report on
what I have learned.

There is still the interaction between the front steering pivot and the
tilting which I haven't a clue about.

I have uploaded the latest revision to my web site, you can download
them here http://jetrike.com/Jetrike-Plans.pdf

I am off to get the materials today! So I will keep you posted.

-h

--
The truth will set you free
or