[python] New Jetrike Rev B Plans

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:22:05 +1000

After everyone's for your suggestions I had to do some major modifications to my Jetrike plans.

The big changes include,

. Regular python drive train to fix the chainline problems,
. A Front derailleur post on the BB mount,
. Stiffer triangulated frame
. Stiffer seat mounts
. 3mm plate on the rocker arm end caps
. Improved tilt geometry

I have come up with a much better simulation, that allowed me to isolate each parameter and test its effect on the self-centering independently. This gave me a much better understanding of what influences it the most. I plan to write a much more detailed email in a few days to report on what I have learned.

There is still the interaction between the front steering pivot and the tilting which I haven't a clue about.

I have uploaded the latest revision to my web site, you can download them here http://jetrike.com/Jetrike-Plans.pdf

I am off to get the materials today! So I will keep you posted.

-h

GIF image