[python] Re: Handlebars again

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:07:59 +0100

Thanks to everyone again for advice and details. Very helpful.

There's a field nearby to me which is leased from the company that owns the land by a pub-keeper. A city man, though this is the country. Like a lot of city people, this guy has a suburban hyper-tidiness neurosis, which comes out as an obsession with lawns. So near me there is, in effect, a six-hectare suburban lawn, for no reason whatever, which no-one uses much for anything.

But......

The grass is so short and even that it's a great bike riding surface. And when I fall off, it's very easy on the hands, and on every other part. So some good comes of the insane lawn after all. I'm practising a lot on this crazy lawn, and -- whaddya know -- I'm beginning to pick up the knack. Soon as I can show a video that I'm not ashamed of, I'll post one. It's getting closer. And that trike back-end design of Erik's is already on my workbench. The really weird thing about Erik's design is that without knowing about it at all, I'd already invented -- in the drawing office of the mind's eye -- an exactly similar design, complete with the two forward-facing cantillever handlebars, to brace on to keep myself upright. Now that I know that that works, I'll have one built within a few days.

Thanks again guys.  RhG