[python] Re: Handlebars again

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:58:44 +0200

On 29.06.2010 11:54, Rhisiart Gwilym wrote:
Thanks Dirk. This looks really helpful. I'm damned-well going  to do this. (I like that gentle hint that Erik dropped about things being a little harder to learn when you're older; I turn 70 in three weeks; I think that may have something to do with my slow progress......)
You have my respect c.f. your age and your eagerness to do "something completely different"!

There is one part I forgot to translate:
The rear section is designed in terms of driving it as much as possible similar to that of the standard bike. That means someone who can ride a bike, the feeling is not easily feel that a two-wheeled rear piece on it.
This is because a bike overturns in the curve, tilts to the point where the rear wheel off the road. In a standard trike is that tipping is much higher, clearly feels otherwise. In practice the turning-back piece is minimized as much as possible to the bike to look like.
Furthermore, the practice-piece back with two sturdy handles, which you can get help to prevent falls to you immediately. The width is chosen rather large, for maximum stability.
I have chosen to back the entire piece of stainless material, so that no rust can occur anywhere if you accidentally drive against it. The whole exercise behind-piece heavy-duty, making it a bit sturdy.

This is a little garbled, but what it says it that it the rear has a horizontal pivot very low to the ground (as low as possible), so the behaviour is like a 2-wheeled flevo (python). You still lean in the curves, but you can keep your balance by holding on onto the rear part...

Dirk
============================================================ This is the Python Mailinglist //www.freelists.org/list/python Listmaster: Jürgen Mages jmages@xxxxxx To unsubscribe send an empty mail to python-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field. ============================================================