[pure-silver] Re: spoiled by my new lens

  • From: "Len Eselson" <leneselson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 16:39:36 -0400

Zeiss made a four lens set for Linhof 4X5 consisting of a 75mm 3.5 Biogon,
135mm 3.5 Planar, 150mm 4.5 Tessar, and 250mm 5.6 Sonnar. These
show up on that auction site from time to time, but are very pricey. More
reasonably priced lenses on the used market can be found from
Schneider, Rodenstock, Fuji or Nikon and these can give excellent
results.

I personally covet the thought of owning a 75 Biogon since I have a
SWC with its 38 Biogon which produces incredible negs. Never have
been willing to shell out the big bucks though.

Rgds

Len Eselson