[pure-silver] Re: spoiled by my new lens

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:35:45 -0700

It's also possible that your film holders don't hold the film at the plane of sharpest focus. For example, you're film holder's might not hold the film at the right depth. This is a significant possibility, especially if you use old holders. There are more possibilities. I once bought a camera from guy. I asked, "How are the pictures?" "Soft!", he replied. Well, not only was the ground glass installed the wrong way, but there was silk cloth over the back of the lens. Once these defects were remedied, the camera (a Keith 4x5 twin lens portrait camera) and lens gave excellent results.