[pure-silver] spoiled by my new lens

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:46:57 -0500

Oops, I have had a hasselblad for a year now, and I have just been printing negatives I made last summer with it. I photographed the same subject (an old farmhouse) with my 150mm lens on my view camera, and the view camera negatives are decidedly inferior to the medium format Hasselblad negatives. I think it might be because the view camera 150mm lens is not very good. I got it when I was a student, about eight years ago, and it was very inexpensive. It is a Sinaron S, and it seemed fine until, oh, I guess today.

I know that price is not always proportional to quality, but...I am thinking of upgrading. What would be a view camera lens that is like the lens on the Hassie? I love that lens. It's the Zeiss C T*. Does Karl Zeiss make lenses for view cameras?

(PS I also like my plastic Holga lens. I'm not a lens snob really!)

--shannon