[pure-silver] Re: simple stop bath recipe?

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 14:02:31 -0600

On 3/18/2021 1:48 PM, Janet Gable Cull wrote:

Is there a recipe for home brew stop bath with easily acquired ingredients? Thank you.

Janet
For film, I use a quick double wash in water. For prints, someone gave me a gallon of Kodak Indicator Stop Bath which I dilute as recommended to make a gallon(what is it something like 1 ounce per gallon?) and throw just a splash in my stop tray half full of water just to see the color change to save my fixer. 1 to 1 vinegar sounds pretty stiff.
Chauncey