[pure-silver] Re: other new darkroom

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

> If that is the size neighborhood you're in, ask him
> about standard garage
> plans, minus the overhead door. You may find that going
> with a standard plan
> kit (perhaps 12x24) might be the same price or cheaper than
> a structure
> built from scratch.

About 8 years ago I wanted to add a garage/workshop to our house, and sketched
up some plans for what I thought that I wanted.  A local timber frame builder
had a frame that had been cut for someone else who had backed out after most of
the timbers had been cut - I ended up getting a great deal on it, and all
worked out well - the key is talking to contractors, and remaining flexible.