[pure-silver] Re: odd neg

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:29:35 -0800 (PST)

That's what's odd is the developer was one shot and it's a new bottle and a
fresh mix of fixer w/hardner.  I've run a couple rolls though that batch of fix
and no problems.  I have run some pyrocat through there recently but no PMK.  I
did a finger wipe test (very scientific) of the drum and picked up nothing.
After the final wash, I pop open the drum and fill the cylinders w/water for a
bit to give a last rinse and to make it easy to remove the film.  I do believe
it is that fog as I can see finger prints in it.  It's seems odd to me that the
coloration is uneven.

I always use more chemistry than Jobo tech sheets state for any given drum as I
figure there'll be less exhaustion/strain on a small amount of chemistry and
also because I use a slower rotation.  Should I try the citric acid added to
say 300 mls of fixer, which already has hardener in it?

This client had me run this one frakkin sheet to test at this EI (which turns
out to be a good thing) so I have 3 more sheets to run.  I have other options
for development if anyone has any suggestions.  Tmax RS, HC110, D76...?