[pure-silver] Re: largest camera ever used

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:59:45 -0500

Hi,

I'm planning on doing the same thing using one of the upstairs rooms in the house I was just curious as to what material you used to block the windows? And what were the main problems when it came to light sealing the room? I plan on using heavy duty black plastic construction garbage bags and joining them together with black duct tape and then using duct tape to seal the edges around the window frame.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Ralph W. Lambrecht wrote:
Mine was 18x30x8 feet (my living room used as a camera obscura). It was
tough to light-seal the room to a point where I could see an image on the
wall, opposite the hole in the shutter.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2006-11-30 20:52, "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is the largest film camera you ever used?

Mine was a Hycon that had 3 cameras side by side with three rolls of film
that shot simultaneous images one with a red filter, one with a green
filter, and one with a blue filter.  Then the B&W images were put back
together using the same filters to make color images.   Each negative was
9.5 inches by 18 inches.

Dave

  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec            e-mail: bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx