[pure-silver] Re: largest camera ever used

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 06:47:41 +0800

Dear Dave.

The 10 x 12 Shen Hao studio camera is my largest. Works a treat if you remember to synchronize the flash by hand and stop down the lens through the front panel. Development of the negs is easy in Jobo drum, and contact prints are equally simple, but the desire to enlarge the 8 x 10 negs is still there. No space for a new enlarger, but I may be able to rig up a homemade head on the Fujimoto chassis.

Difficult to find a subject that exactly justifies the expenditure of the big sheet of film. However, I am looking a a book of jazz-age portraits and expect inspiration to hit sometime soon.

Uncle Dick