[pure-silver] Re: estimating filter factor: gray card?

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:57:39 +0200

The square root function is not used to turn filter factors into f/stops or
visa versa? I think this has caused some confusion before.

The conversion can be done using the following:

x = 2^N
log(x) = log(2)*N
N = log(x)/log(2)

where x is the filter factor and N is the amount of stops.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com