[pure-silver] Re: baking soda as wash aid

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:50:01 -0500 (EST)

From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: baking soda as wash aid
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:32:04 +1000

> I was planning to use a sulphite/bisulphite washing aid (Richard K
> recommendation) prior to the many water rinses.

This is effective and also is what I would do.

> Sodium bicarbonate is quite cheap.  Would you advise using a little
> in each lot of water?  And if so, how much.  And would you advise
> using none in the last one (or several) rinses?

I am not sure about the degree of additional advantage by doing so
without digging my file.  (I think there's no harm in doing so,
especially if added in the middle of the tray chain so that the final
wash can wash away bicarbonate.)  What kind of water will you use for
washing?  I'm chased by deadlines now, but when do you need to know
this by?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."