[pure-silver] Re: baking soda as wash aid

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, chris.woodhouse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:21:56 -0500 (EST)

From: Christopher Woodhouse <chris.woodhouse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: baking soda as wash aid
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:11:32 +0000

> I think we are talking about both. Sea water also can be used to shorten
> wash times!

Are we ever going to achieve weeding out of old impractical
information in favor of more modern solid information and
recommendation?

Sea water washes fixer faster than plain water, but is not as
effective as bicarbonate or sulfite, and the problem is that residue
of sea water can compromise image stability.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."