[pure-silver] Re: Worlds best press photos

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:21:28 -0400

Bill Stephenson wrote:
> On Monday, October 24, 2005, at 02:36  PM, Bob Randall wrote:
> >>Well, take a look at David Burnet's pictures, shot with Speed
> >>Graphic, 7'
> >>Comercial Ektar
>
> It had to be film. I don't know of a digicam that will take a seven
> foot lens! (Sorry - couldn't resist)

Astronomers (even amateurs) routinely use optics with greater than a
seven foot focal length.  Not only do they use digital cameras, some
of them even stoop to webcams (lunar and planetary images that rival
images from professional astronomers just a few years ago).

Of course it's hard to take Palomar or one of the Kecks on location.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  You push some buttons and see