[pure-silver] Re: What happens when XTOL dies

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:57:27 -0500

Jordan Wosnick wrote:

> Wow, I'm surprised at this... have you tried Lozeau's, or maybe Royal
> Photo? Or Ginn Photo in Ottawa?

   Forget Lozeau. They've completely washed their hands of B&W. The B&W
section now consists of a little stand with a few boxes of paper, some
Ilfosol and some Microphen and some toner with enough dust on it to make
a coal miner blush..

   I refuse to buy anything there anymore even if it was digital..

   Royal is about the same.. Photo Service and Photoco are the only two
left that really offer any kind of choice. Anyhow, I talked to Karen at
Photoco and she's going to be getting some soon. But this is what it's
come down to. One store and you have to order it.

> It may be worth your while to start scratch-mixing. JD Photochem in
> Saint-Hubert (formerly of Pointe-Claire or something) is an excellent
> place to buy the raw ingredients. They have pretty much everything.

    Ya. It's an option and one that is looking better and better. I
might give it a try..

    Thanks!

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx