[pure-silver] Re: Web Site for Corrected Pyro Formulas and Some Toner Formulas

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 03:13:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sep 6, 2005 9:21 PM
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Web Site for Corrected Pyro Formulas and Some Toner
Formulas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:18 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Web Site for Corrected Pyro
Formulas and Some Toner Formulas

   A NOTE: when table salt is called for as in Nelson's
avoid actual

   Rubbish!!   I was in a rush when I posted this, it makes no sense whatever.
The purpose of the silver nitrate and salt is to produce silver chloride, a
little silver iodide will make no difference whatever.  Its supposed to produce
a precipitate. Table salt may have other things in it to keep it free flowing.
I have no idea if these have any effect on the toner, probably not.  The
purpose of including the silver is to prevent the toner from partially
bleaching the image, which it will do until it absorbs enough silver from the
paper being toned. The same thing is done to season Hypo-Alum toner.
   Ryuji Suzuki pointed out my blunder just about the same time as I figured it
out for which I thank him.