[pure-silver] Re: Web Site for Corrected Pyro Formulas and Some Toner Formulas

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:18:25 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:26 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Web Site for Corrected Pyro Formulas and Some Toner Formulas

Thanks Richard....

The patent on the Gold Toner lists pounds, ounces ( wet and dry), grams,
grains, drams, and ounces.... ( I thought England and Ireland used Drams to
portion out Hard Liquor?)

Can someone please translate into 1 system that we can use...?

My digital scale does not have drams.....grains..... who knows what else....

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Use these amounts and the directions in the patent.

Nelson's Gold Toner  Kodak T-21 and Agfa 223

Solution 1
Water (at about 130F)                 4.0 liters
Sodium thiosulfate, crystaline      960.0 grams
Ammonium Persulfate                 120.0 grams

Solution 2

Cold water                            64.0 ml
Silver Nitrate                         5.2 grams
Sodium chloride                        5.2 grams

Solution 3
Water                                250.0 ml
Gold Chloride                          1.0 gram

After combining the first two solutions and cooling add 125ml of solution 3 and allow to settle for several hours. Then decant the clear liquid for use. But see the patent for complete mixing instructions.
The above quantities are given in both the Kodak and Ansco/Agfa versions identically.
I am not sure if I can devise a way of adding this to the PDF. The PDF is made from images from the U.S. Patent Office web site and I would have to figure out how to combine a text page with them.
For those who want to do their own conversion remember the patent is in U.S. measure. English measure is slightly different.

---