[pure-silver] Re: Wash aid lifetime

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:27:23 -0400 (EDT)

From: Dennis Purdy <dennispurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Wash aid lifetime
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:57:55 -0700

> I don't know any photographer in my circle who would know the
> difference between eliminator or clearing agent and would consider
> what ever it is as a washing aid.

As far as I know all products on market that says to help removal of
fixing agent is of the wash aid type, not the hypo eliminator type. So
ordinary darkroom workers would not have to know. But if you dig up
the grave of dead hypo eliminator in old literature, you would have to
make very clear distinction of the chemistry involved with the
treatment.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."