[pure-silver] Re: Tri-X in XTOL

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 08:57:26 -0500

Hi all,

Sunday morning... and I'm reading this... but on the offhand chance I got an answer, and could develop a roll before heading off to church...

You all missed my question, my fault. Let me try again.

I'm asking about Full Strength (not 1:1) for reuse. from my 1L bottle of stock. Do re-use by putting what I used for one roll of film (usually around 450ml) back into the bottle it came from, mix, and then pour out another amount for the next roll? If I do that, I imagine that the life of this 1L stock solution is considerably shorter at this point. I believe I would get 15 rolls of film out of re-used/replenished stock (extending time with each 5 rolls), rather than 4 rolls (120) out of the 1:1 one-shot.

Thanks,

Elias

On Dec 26, 2009, at 9:04 PM, William Harting wrote:

Elias, I'm under the impression that diluted Xtol should be used single shot -- no reason you could not use one diluted batch to anticipated exhaustion -- but I would not mix it back in with the stock. I've been using replenished stock lately, the routine is very easy and developing performance is predictable. I have a liter of working stock and add a bit of fresh developer for each roll I develop. This keeps the stock bottle topped up and replenished.

So does this mean you develop however number of rolls in 1L of stock each time? I only have a single roll capacity tank for my 120 reel.

E.