[pure-silver] Re: The new Kodak TV ad

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:56:33 -0400

The reality is that sales of film has decreased by 25% for each of the
past two years.  If Kodak finds that sales of its B&W paper are no
longer profitable why is it Kodak's fault?  If people are buying less
film then they are also buying less paper.  Now you read of people
boycotting Kodak film.  Gee!, what a great way to have Kodak decide to
stop making film.

Let's put the blame where it belongs, on the consumer who has turned his
back on analog photography.  If we want Agfa, Ilford, and Kodak to
survive we need to buy their products.  If you like a certain product
then continue to buy it.  "Don't cut your nose off to spite your face."
as the old saying goes.

Jerry