[pure-silver] Silver Halide [was Fogged New Oriental.....]

  • From: "Peter Badcock" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:32:26 +1100

> Silver halide crystals are indirect gap semiconductors.
> Did you know that?

I didn't actually.  This fact has sparked my interest to
read more about the physics behind photographic emulsions.

After I googled (yep a new English word if you didn't know!
Past tense of what used to be a noun, but is now a verb -
google) these terms, I came across the following interesting
read about why silver halide is so unique in it's properties
for photography.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/nov2000/975608492.Ch.r.html

regards
Peter Badcock