[pure-silver] Re: Shooting in the desert

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 5/6/08, Dave V <DValvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Dave V <DValvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Shooting in the desert
> To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2008, 7:37 AM
> It was 134F when I was there in early May two years ago.  I
> wouldn't think
> about going in June.  Think about how you intend to store
> your film.
> Zabriskie was a lot cooler. 'cause it is high.
>
> Dave

And at night it can get cold enough to need a coat.  I left from SC to visit
the inlaws in Michigan one 4th of July weekend.  Temp on the bank building that
afternoon was 105 with a heat index of about 115F.  After landing in Michigan
we got off the airplane and went to the fireworks display.  That night the bank
building had the temp at 39F.

It isn't that either temp is that extreme to many, depending on where you are.
It is the temp difference that had us freezing our backsides off.  Its that
same type of change you can encounter in the desert.