[pure-silver] Re: Product marketing; was agfa film

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 05:15:11 +1000

And having two very different Rodinals was probably not helpful. Rodinal Special had another name too (Studional). The two names were used for the two different sizes of package, I believe.

Kodak's two very different Tri-Xs continue to confuse too.
At 12:12 AM  23/06/2006, you wrote:
Agfa never seemed to be very good in marketing their products, at least in the US. I think that if they had done more advertising they'd still be in business. Certainly their products were of high quality.

My only complaint is with the naming of their Neutol developers. I think most people had a difficulty with there being more than one product with that name. Granted that there was an two letter extension like WA or NE. But still confusing nonertheless. A real marketing mistake. Another example is Fuji, who overuse the name Neopan. Even Adorama seems confused -- the description on their website for Neopan 100 SS is really a description of Acros 100. If the film's name is Acros then why does it have to be called Neopan Acros?

Jerry