[pure-silver] Product marketing; was agfa film

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:12:10 -0400

Agfa never seemed to be very good in marketing their products, at least
in the US.  I think that if they had done more advertising they'd still
be in business.  Certainly their products were of high quality.

My only complaint is with the naming of their Neutol developers.  I
think most people had a difficulty with there being more than one
product with that name.  Granted that there was an two letter extension
like WA or NE.  But still confusing nonertheless.  A real marketing
mistake.  Another example is Fuji, who overuse the name Neopan.  Even
Adorama seems confused -- the description on their website for Neopan
100 SS is really a description of Acros 100.  If the film's name is
Acros then why does it have to be called Neopan Acros?

Jerry