[pure-silver] Re: Polaroid to stop film manufacture

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:54:25 +0100

Justin,

There were quite some discussions on storing Polaroid material on APUG
recently, the consensus ssems to be that it is not worth it, especially
colour material has bad keeping properties, the weak point seems to be
the pod with the chemistry. B&W seems to keep a bit better, but that
also varies, I have used quite some outdated stuf: the 3000asa stuf
(665?) keeps not that well, the PN55 a bit better in my hands. But I
have not used it lately, so these might be off (storage in a close
plastic bag at 4oC)

Best,

Cor