[pure-silver] Re: Polaroid to stop film manufacture

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:12:34 -0800

I use type 55 also, but I develop the film in my darkroom, I don't use the goop in the Polaroid packet. Therefore, for me, the Polaroid packets will last decades in my freezer. The type 55 film is Panatomic- X film, and develops in traditional developers (D76 1:1, Xtol, Pyro, etc,) wonderfully - actually far better than in that Polaroid goop.

Jim

On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:45 AM, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

I have a 4x5 back for Polaroid. Used it exactly once. I made the fatal mistake of opening up the box, using a few sheets and then throwing it back into the fridge. The humidity ruined the rest of them.

I am going to be visiting NYC this spring and will be making a stop at B&H. If I buy several boxes of Type 55, how long will they keep and where can I keep them so that they live the longest ?

I'm thinking of waiting ten years and then selling them all on Ebay for a MASSIVE profit. Muhahahahaha

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca