[pure-silver] Re: Petersen's Photo Equipment You Can Make

  • From: BertS <aasainz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:39:18 -0500

Peter De Smidt wrote:

> 14. How to build a dry mount press. Can someone write chapters on how ... --
> Ryuji Suzuki
>
> Well, there is a Volume 2, which I don't have. Does anyone know what's in
> that one?
>
> -Peter

The first few issues of Petersen's magazine had several of these homebrew
projects. I am talking about Vol 1 and 2 of the magazine, published around 1970.

There was one that I thought may make a nice commercial product. It was a jig
to make test strips. Mostly a cardboard frame with some flip-over strips to
expose different strips.

I may have some of these around somewhere. I will look for them and, if I can
find them, post a list of what they were. They may light a bulb for someone.

Peterson's magazine at the time lacked a lot of advertising, a lot of really
good information considering the times.

Bert