[pure-silver] Re: POTASSIUM -Vs- SODIUM...

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:06:06 -0400

>> The "Calls For, You Got" section of the Cookbook suggests
>> Sodium Carbonate
>> can be used in place of Potassium by using 1.12 time the
>> amount of  Potassium.

I experimented with replacing the sodium carbonate in the Beutler
formula with potassium carbonate.  I found that I had to *decrease* the
amount of potassium carbonate relative to sodium carbonate rather than
increase it.

My suggestion would be that unless you want to do some experimenting
with a particular formula that you stick with the carbonate specified
and not try to substitute.

Jerry