[pure-silver] Re: On stand developing of Ilford PanF

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:23:21 +0200

Thanks Per,

Some nice effects can be obtained: the prints (13*18 cm) are grainless, and
have a special quality, on one hand the DOF with 40 asa film, hand held is
quite small, but there is a also something with the contrast: it looks to me
that the midtones are "streched out" at the expense of shadow separation, and
the highlights get blown out easy, so on first glance the prints look high
contrast, but OTOH the midtones separate quite nice. For example my kids have
some minor freckles which realy gets exaggerated in the prints..

Best,

Cor