[pure-silver] Re: Odd Problem With Mamiya TLR

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:18:13 -0600

On 2/15/2010 5:23 PM, Don Sweet wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> My understanding is based primarily on advice that there is "... less to go
> wrong on the C220 ..."  given to me when I bought that camera instead of a
> C330 (with its mechanical linkages for shutter cocking etc, which I have to
> do manually on the C220 of course).

Ah, OK, I thought perhaps you heard something specific.

I just looked at the second roll that was focused only on infinity.
The first shots used what I saw on the GG and the rest used the distance
scale.  The GG focused stuff was fine, the stuff from the scale was way off.

So ... at this point I know that:

- The camera and lens can focus correctly through the ground glass.
- The camera correctly displays distances for lenses other than the 55mm -
  at least for the 80mm and 135mm I have here.

Like I said, the usual reason for this is that the shims between the lens
and the mounting plate were not replaced properly after a repair.  However,
this lens is so clean, it sure doesn't look like it's ever been opened up.
In any case, it is usable, so I'll just live with it since the distance scale
isn't all that important to me.