[pure-silver] Re: Odd Problem With Mamiya TLR

  • From: Myron Gochnauer <goch@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:31:01 -0400

On 2010-02-15, at 4:32 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> The 330f has a "distance scale" on it.  You rotate the scale to select the
> lens you're using and after you focus the body, the scale indicates the
> distance.  This scale works perfectly with the  80mm and 135mm lenses
> I already have.  However, when I rotate it into position for the 55mm/180mm
> lenses, the focus distances displayed a considerably shorter than the
> real distance.

It doesn't make sense that a simple focus scale could work for both 55mm and
180mm. Moving the lens outward by, say 3mm is going to make a much greater
change in focus for the 55 than the 180.   It sounds like yours is set up for
the 180.  I had a Mamiya TLR for a short time, but I can't remember how the
scales worked.

Myron