[pure-silver] Re: OT: Color IQ Test

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:58:58 -0500

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
Elias Roustom wrote:
This is fun:
http://www.xritephoto.com/ph_toolframe.aspx?action=coloriq

I scored 36... zero is best score.

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

     * Your score: 0
     * Gender: Male
     * Age range: Above 70
     * Best score for your gender and age range: 0
     * Highest score for your gender and age range: 1305

I was engaged in color perception work in the late 1970s and had to
memorize the Munsell Book of Color (about 4000 color chips), and was
tested for color-blindness many times and never came up any of the
different kinds of color blindness.

My monitor is almost 6 years old, an NEC MultiSync LCD 1980SX driven by
an ATI Rage chip on the mother board of this computer. The first time I
took this test. Probably took me less than 10 minutes, but I did not
time it. It is almost 4 PM and I did not have the fluorescent lights in
the room turned on. Sunny outside.

Frankly, I doubt the quality of the monitor and the room lighting makes
any difference since I was not asked to identify the colors. If I were,
those considerations would matter. But for just ordering, no.

 ^^-^^ 15:50:02 up 1 day, 22:24, 3 users, load average: 4.61, 4.79, 4.85