[pure-silver] Re: NYC Places to visit

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:41:31 -0500

Arie Knoops wrote:
> Also you can check into Oldens.  When I went back home in July it
> was sad to see where they are at, they used to have 3 huge floors on
> Herald Square, now all they have is a tiny floor, but you might get
> a deal.  Also my brother told me that Ken Hanson is back doing
> business in NYC.

I used to work near by and would stop in at Oldens occasionally on my
lunch break.  It's interesting to see some of the really odd stuff
they have in the cases, but the prices are incredibly high.

They had Sputniks (Soviet MF stereo camera) for $600.  Unless you get
one from someone who specializes in tuning them, $100 is top price for
a Spud in excellent (read as "needs to be rebuilt") condition.

My Dad bought a 8mm movie camera from them the week before Super8 came
out.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  You push some buttons and see