[pure-silver] Re: NYC Places to visit

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:08:34 -0500

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
>    I'm looking for a used Fuji GA645Zi or a used Mamiya 6..
>
>    Can anyone recommend a decent used camera shop in NYC?

I bought a New Old Stock Pentax 645 kit (manual focus body, autofoucs
75mm lens, 120 film insert) from Lens & Repro (33 West 17th Street
<http://www.lensrepro.com/>) back in December 2004.  The price was
good and the equipment was spotless (except for a film holder, which I
knew was rough, and really cheap).  They don't keep their web page up
to date, so call them, or stop in.  Their display cases are full of
really unusual equipment.

Recently I've had good luck buying Pentax refurbished 67II equipment
from B&H.  Not the absolute lowest prices, but when one piece of
non-refurb equipment wound up being a bit stiff they let me exchange
it with no trouble.  The refurbished equipment has all been excellent.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  You push some buttons and see