[pure-silver] Re: NC Film?

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 6/11/08, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just how old are you Ray:-)

Sorry,
I've been playing with our heavenly father's time machine again!
But that was zen and this is how:

The info, which included comparison negatives,
came from Kodak.

You are right about the times being longer...
at least for D-76 but
Normal for Verichrome was about 10 minutes at 65 deg. F. in DK-50.

Actually, the times could be adjusted more or less at will by adjusting the
activity of the developer, so maybe that and the temp. difference are partly
responsible.

> This [long dev. times] may have been for a higher target
> contrast but I don't think so. The standards for paper
> grades, at least for Kodak products, seems to have been
> pretty stable for decades.

Interesting...
The same source DID mention that many of the finest papers were somewhat
soft....

Ray