[pure-silver] Re: Mystery Hypo Test

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:21:10 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "BertS" <aasainz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:34 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Mystery Hypo Test

Ralph W. Lambrecht wrote:
Richard

Thanks a lot. This is all good information. However, you are making a lot of references to paper processing again. That's not my concern. Can we limit this conversation to film please?

Nevertheless, the first part was VERY interesting, but I don't think it applies either.
Here is why:

1. I am using an acid fixer.
2. I am not using a hardener.
3. I am using HCA prior to the fix.

Given that, the diffusion theory seems to work, and in my opinion, HT-1 is a very good test, despite its reputation, if properly applied. My comparison to methelen-blue test verifies that. I just like a bit more sensitivity, which I was hoping to get from the other formula.

Do think its worth a try?

You are using HCA _PRIOR_ to fixing? But there is no hypo present until the fixing is done.

What is the purpose of using HCA in this manner?

Bert (curious)

    I think maybe this was mis-typing.