[pure-silver] Re: More (Semi) Standing Around

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 12:44:14 -0800

   Perdon me but that doesn't make sense. Nitrogen burst is a method of agitation. The bubbles do the agitation. Its used where very uniform agitation is desired. Nitrogen does not cause oxidation of the developing solution (or fixer) as does plain air bubbles. "Stand" development AKA stagnent development is done with NO agitation. It can result in compensating development and exaggerated adjacency effects. Its effects are often not desirable.
   Nitrogen burst allows development of sheet film on hangers without the problems of non uniform agitation often encountered that way.

On 2/8/2021 10:29 AM, Chauncey Walden wrote:

On 2/8/2021 11:20 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 2/8/21 11:43 AM, Robert Shanebrook (Redacted sender makingkodakfilm for DMARC) wrote:
As a photographer,  film  designer,  and film manufacturer  I am not an  advocate of  still development. It  creates more problems than benefits.

Bob Shanebrook

A friend has stand development down pat for his sheet film in hangers with nitrogen burst tanks.
Chauncey

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL