[pure-silver] Re: "Leica Photography" Is Dead. Leica Killed It.

  • From: Dana Myers <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:45:53 -0700

On 3/12/2014 9:26 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 03/12/2014 11:17 AM, Speedy wrote:
This is about as close as you get right now.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-df
It is not a rangefinder, and I could not bring myself to purchase one but it is
an intriguing device.

Speedy

My take on the Df is that it's just marketing fluff.  I see nothing compelling
about this
camera and - if actually cared about digital - my preference would be a D800.

At the risk of wander far off-topic, I have several Canons (T70, 20D and 50D),
and
was sucked into the sentimental fluff of the Fujifilm X10. I'm 5x more likely to
pick that up than one of the heavier, larger SLRs.

I've also noticed that 'retro' cameras have an influence on people, for the
most part
I'd say they tend to put people at greater ease, whether it is a YashicaMat-124
or
a retro-appearing digital camera. I suppose that's where I came into this
thread -
people are sentimental.

Dana  K6JQ