[pure-silver] Re: “Leica Photography” Is Dead. Leica Killed It.

  • From: Dana Myers <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:29:13 -0700

On 3/11/2014 10:03 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
http://leicaphilia.com/?p=311

"Invariably, they drone on about the uncompromising standards of the optics,
while simultaneously dumbing down their files post-production to give the look
of an uncoated Summarit and Tri-X pushed to 1600 iso."

*So* true - I call it "Instagramification". No one is immune.

BTW, I don't think it's purely a "digital" thing; if we had film that captured
grainless,
well-exposed images with the simple touch of a button, we'd still want a filter
to make
it look like the images we sentimentally recall. My belief is that this is
generational;
the characteristics of film evoke sentimental responses in us, but less so in
our children.

In 20 or 30 years, this will fade, and our 1970s Kodacolor prints will be
regarded like
1850s Daguerreotypes :-)

Dana  K6JQ