[pure-silver] Re: Large camera plans

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 00:06:31 -0500

Nick Zentena wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 13:51, Brian Reynolds wrote:
>

> > The Lee Filters Bulldog camera kit looks good.  I've seen it at Photo
> > Plus Expo a few times.  It is laster cut from MDF.  Pop the pieces out
> > and glue it together.  If I were to buy a camera kit today this would
> > be the one.  Too bad they don't make a 5x7 version.
>

>       MDF?? How heavy is it?

It's not that heavy.  The rear standard has no movements.  The back is
removable to allow switching between horizontal and vertical
orientation.  It has a fairly short bellows.  Focusing and movements
are on the front.  It doesn't fold.  You push the rear standard into
the back, like on a Graflex, but the bed does not fold up.

There was a review of it in a recent View Camera magazine.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  You push some buttons and see