[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All Black and White Paper

  • From: Philippe Gauthier <pgauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:56:18 -0400

At 06:18 15-06-05 -0700, you wrote:

>    I just got word from my contact at Kodak that they will be
discontinuing all black and white paper. The official announcement will be
made later today.
>    Kodak will continue making B&W film and chemicals.
>    The reason boils down to paper no longer being a profitable market.

John Cook, on the LF photography site, writes: "The version I heard was
that they were going to discontinue manufacturing the paper base (from wood
pulp). Instead, they are now planning to purchase the paper base and
continue to coat it with their emulsion."

Maybe that's easier to believe?

PG