[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All Black and White Paper

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:37:55 -0400

There was an   announcement  today  that  EK (in their infinite wisdom) has
elected to  discontinue ALL BW Paper,  RC  and fiber base and  the
chromogenic BW  papers . The last  coatings were made in Brazil and  no more
paper will be made.   There  is  enough inventory  for "several"  months
supply. Then there will be no more.

Sad  day. No word on when  BW film will be discontinued.  Since they   gave
very little notice  on  paper it is difficult to predict the film
situation.  I certainly  will no longer tell  anyone that they will be able
to buy  Kodak BW Film in the future.

Kodak Announces Discontinuance of KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black & White Papers

June 15, 2005
Due to the significant declines in market usage of papers designed for
Black-and-White printing, Kodak is discontinuing the manufacture of all
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black & White Papers.

This announcement has no impact on the production or availability of Kodak's
portfolio of Black & White Films and Chemicals for processing Black and
White Papers or Films.

Most of the Black & White Paper products will remain available through the
end of 2005 - although depending on demand, some specific formats or
products may be exhausted sooner. The paper products affected are:

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

Digital Black & White Paper
 RC base -For Digital Exposure -Traditional

B & W Process,

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

POLYCONTRAST IV RC Paper
 RC base -For Optical Exposure - Traditional

B & W Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL V-PRINT Paper
 RC base -For Optical Exposure - Traditional B & W Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

KODABROME II RC Paper
 RC base -For Optical Exposure - Traditional

B & W Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

PANALURE Select RC Paper
 RC base -For Optical Exposure - Traditional

B & W Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

POLYMAX Fine Art Paper
 Fiber base - For Optical Exposure - Traditional

B & W Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

AZO Paper
 Fiber base - For Optical Exposure - Traditional

B & W Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

PORTRA Black & White Paper
 RC base -For Optical and Digital Exposure

RA- 4 Process

KODAK PROFESSIONAL

PORTRA Sepia Paper